Some reasons to choose Perth as your next destination
As my colleague Sara wrote in another blog entry, ‘’Australia is one of the most popular destinations for Brits of all…
As my colleague Sara wrote in another blog entry, ‘’Australia is one of the most popular destinations for Brits of all qualifications and career paths looking to go and work abroad’’. Working as a doctor in Australia has plenty of benefits. Apart of enjoying a beautiful country, their salaries and job conditions are more than acceptable. Let’s find out about Perth, the Western Australia’s capital.
Perth offers the perfect combination of a modern city with great contact with the nature. The city has a population of 1.5 million and is the most isolated city of Australia.
Perth is a city respectful of its people, with clean air, open spaces which contains parks and the beautiful river Swan. In fact, Perth has one of the highest standards of life around the world. The river provides an ideal opportunity to enjoy water sports, like rowing and fishing.
Close to the city centre, you will find some of the most beautiful beaches in the region. They are ideal for swimming, surfing or just for a coffee with friends. In the last few years, Perth has experienced remarkable economic development that has led important businesses to the city. The most important mining companies in Australia are located in Perth.
Perth has a Mediterranean climate with pleasant temperatures throughout the year. Summers range from December to February, in general at high temperatures, becoming a time quite warm and humid, being the month of February the hottest of the year. The winters are a bit cold and rainy, but the truth is that in recent years the rains are increasingly scarce. They are in general, mild winters with an average of 16 ° C.
If you are planning to go to work in Australia, Perth is a city that offers many possibilities. There are things to do you can’t miss like:
- Walking along the river Swann.
- Enjoying Kings Park.
- visiting one of the famous beaches in Perth, Cottesloe beach.
- Visiting Fremantle for shopping in the markets and to eat their famous seafood restaurants.
- Taking a ride by ferry to Rottnest Island.
- Paying a visit to Sant George Anglican Cathedral and Saint Mary´s Roman Catholic Cathedral
- Going up to the top of Bell Tower, an icon of the city where you will be able to enjoy its wonderful views.
- Visiting amazing museos such as Western Australian Museum, Art Gallery Western Australia and Aviation Heritage Museum among others.
On Medic Footprints you will be able to find job vacancies as a doctor in Perth. Check our job section and find out if there is a current position available or feel free to contact us for any question.
Banner and Image 1 author: Daniel Lee
Image 2 author: Chelsea Sektnan
Latest posts by Sergio Arboldeas (see all)
- 6 tips you should know before working overseas - 6th December 2014
- Why Dubai is one of the most fascinating cities in the world? - 9th November 2014
- 7 facts you didn’t know about Canada - 2nd September 2014