7 facts you didn’t know about Canada
You’re about to discover some facts you didn’t probably know about Canada and that you will find interesting. Find listed…
You’re about to discover some facts you didn’t probably know about Canada and that you will find interesting. Find listed bellow some of them:
- By extension, Canada is the second largest country in the world (just after Russia), with nearly 10 million square kilometres.
- In contrast, it is in the top 10 of the countries with the lowest population density: less than 9 inhabitants for every square kilometers.
- Canada has its own almost-secret underground laboratory, the SNOLAB, dedicated to the study of solar neutrinos, dark matter and other mysteries of Astrophysics. Its location – 2 km underground in Sudbury, Ontario -is essential, for only there do the weather conditions and the radioactivity of the sun not affect the development of the experiments.
- The legendary kindness of Canadians is, literally, an attribute of another planet. In the middle of the ‘ 60s, St. Paul, Alberta, city officials decided to build a landing platform for Unidentified Flying Objects, in an effort to attract stellar tourists (and few terrestrial) and make them see that at least in Canada they have a place where they always will feel welcome.
- Can you imagine living in a country where, from one moment to another, walking down the street you might find yourself with a polar bear or a hungry wolf? Can you imagine what would you do? If the city where you walk is Churchill, rest assured that any car parked near you will have the door open, a custom of its inhabitants in case of unpredictable emergencies.
- Canada has more lakes than in the rest of the world.
- You will find throughout the country numerous places to watch the Aurora Borealis.
Don’t you think it is time to travel to Canada and experience its culture and its wonders? Check out our Canada Guide in our Overseas section
Latest posts by Sergio Arboldeas (see all)
- 6 tips you should know before working overseas - 6th December 2014
- Why Dubai is one of the most fascinating cities in the world? - 9th November 2014
- 7 facts you didn’t know about Canada - 2nd September 2014