How do You Get your Health Tech Idea Funded as a Doctor?
This podcast is a discussion on exploring opportunities in health tech/entrepreneurship and Dr. Treacy's funding experience.
Abeyna got the opportunity to speak with Dr. Harriet Treacy, the CEO of Beyondbmi. Beyondbmi combines doctor-prescribed medication with nutritional therapy and one-to-one personalised support to deliver health gains through the biology of weight loss.
In this episode, Abeyna and Dr. Treacy talked about:
- How Harriet’s fascination with value-based healthcare which took her to Oz, the US and back to Ireland, led to a health tech idea that she got funded
- How failing to get the right product-market fit, led to running out of money, a pivot and a subsequent raise having revisited her initial market research
- How she leveraged her role as a doctor to get funding
MF Admin Team
Latest posts by MF Admin Team (see all)
- Exploring Career Opportunities for Doctors in the Pharma Sector - 28th May 2023
- The Ultimate 101 LinkedIn Guide - 21st April 2023
- Transforming the Face of Medicine – with Melanin Medics - 24th January 2023