Help! Im suspended! What do i do next?
We present to you the suspended medics webinar where we discuss the UK suspension process, key points to keep yourself as protected as possible, and more... Duration 1 hour 29 mins
The Suspended Medics webinar
- What would you do if you were suspended from clinical practice tomorrow for an undefined period of time?
- What would be your source of income?
- Who would you go to seek help? Do you trust them to help you?
- How would you feel?
In light of recent events, we’re reminded of how vulnerable doctors are in this current climate.
Punitive measures for honest mistakes, or events beyond the control of the doctor, seem to be increasingly common, leaving every doctor wondering,
“Am I next?”
The fear we have about this process is caught up in several factors including;
- lack of education regarding the procedures
- uncertainty of outcomes
- media coverage
- reported suicides amongst doctors during the suspension process
- loss of income and professional identity
- lack of social support in a relatively isolating experience
- reports of being portrayed as a villain / guilty until proven otherwise
Considering this has always previously been a topic of taboo, we are pleased to present the recording of an essential webinar – first of it’s kind, to educate doctors on:
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO SUPPORT YOURSELF THROUGH A SUSPENSION, IF IT HAPPENS TO YOU.
- An overview of the UK suspension process
- Key points you MUST do to keep yourself as protected as possible
- Wellbeing services available designed for doctors
- Options to sustain an income / continue working in a capacity, whilst suspended
Dr. Jenny Vaughan
Consultant Neurologist and Co-Founder of Manslaughter and Healthcare
(see her awesome video interview on the BBC below)
Dr. Tony Banerjee
GP at Riverside Medical Centre
Dr. Pamela Harper
Retired Doctor and Secretary of the Doctors Support Group
Dr. Abeyna Jones
Founder of Medic Footprints and Occupational Health Physician
Suspended Medics Webinar
Looking for more help or advice? Check out Wellbeing Support for Doctors page.
Medic Footprints Admin
Latest posts by Medic Footprints Admin (see all)
- Property Investment Mentorship – Session 1 - 18th January 2021
- Doctored Finances! 5 ways doctors are securing their finances in 2019 - 11th September 2019
- Occupational Medicine Webinar with Dr. Abeyna Bubbers-Jones - 20th March 2019