The Truth About NHS Consultant Salary + Other Senior Doctor Myths
In this episode, Founder's Associate at Medic Footprints, Dr. Ola Abbas joins Dr Abeyna Bubbers-Jones. They talk about working as a Consultant, salary expectations, leadership and management trainings, and alternatives to becoming a consultant.
In this episode, Dr Abeyna Bubbers-Jones and Dr Ola Abbas cover:
- How working as a Consultant is 95% political and 5% clinical
- Realistic salary expectations as a Consultant in the NHS
- Why leadership and management training needs to be learned as early as possible in your medical career to survive as a Consultant
- Alternatives to becoming a Consultant
- Why Ola is divorcing the NHS despite being a Consultant in 2 specialties
Dr Ola Abbas is currently the Founder’s Associate at Medic Footprints and a Consultant in Intensive Care & Acute Medicine
Read Ola’s article on the 5 Top Misconceptions About Becoming A Consultant In The NHS.
MF Admin Team
Latest posts by MF Admin Team (see all)
- Exploring Career Opportunities for Doctors in the Pharma Sector - 28th May 2023
- The Ultimate 101 LinkedIn Guide - 21st April 2023
- Transforming the Face of Medicine – with Melanin Medics - 24th January 2023