Extra-Curricular Highlights in the UAE
The UAE is often called a “land of great contrast’’. That is true starting with the social contrast between the local Emirate and the rest of the diverse population and finishing with the contrast between beaches, mountains and deserts.
You can also find Bedouin markets and camel races which are sometimes raced by robot jockeys in Abu Dhabi. Below is a taster of things to do in the UAE:
- Visit Sharjah. It is considered by UNESCO the Cultural Capital of the Arab World. You can find museums, mosques, and other cultural destinations.
- Visit the mountains and the Gulf of Oman in Fujairah. It is not as modern as Dubai or Abu Dhabi but its traditional culture, mountains and wonderful beaches make it well worth a visit.
- Shop at the Gold Souk in Dubai if you are a jewellery lover.
- Visit the Jumeirah Archaeological Site in Dubai
- Shop Dubai Duty Free
- Visit the Al Ain National Museum in Abu Dhabi where you will find amazing archaeological artifacts
- Go skiing in Ski Dubai, an indoor facility located in Dubai with real snow all year-round
- Go to Dreamland Water Park in Umm al-Quwain. It is one of the largest water parks in the world
- Go on a desert safari. This is one of the top things you can do in the UAE, where you will truly feel the Arabian spirit. You can enjoy the sweeping desert landscape and do a range of activities such as dune bashing, dune riding, camel rides, colorful sunsets, delicious barbeques and traditional belly dancing.