Suspended Medics’ Webinar
- What would you do if you were suspended from clinical practice tomorrow for an undefined period of time?
- What would be your source of income?
- Who would you go to seek help? Do you trust them to help you?
- How would you feel?
In light of recent events, we’re reminded of how vulnerable doctors are in this current climate.
Punitive measures for honest mistakes, or events beyond the control of the doctor, seem to be increasingly common, leaving every doctor wondering,
“Am I next?”
The fear we have about this process is caught up in several factors including;
- lack of education regarding the procedures
- uncertainty of outcomes
- media coverage
- reported suicides amongst doctors during the suspension process
- loss of income and professional identity
- lack of social support in a relatively isolating experience
- reports of being portrayed as a villain / guilty until proven otherwise
Considering this has always previously been a topic of taboo, we are pleased to present the recording of an essential webinar – first of it’s kind, to educate doctors on:
What you can do to support yourself through a suspension, if it happens to you.
- An overview of the UK suspension process
- Key points you MUST do to keep yourself as protected as possible
- Wellbeing services available designed for doctors
- Options to sustain an income / continue working in a capacity, whilst suspended
Featured speakers include:
Dr. Jenny Vaughan
Consultant Neurologist and Co-Founder of Manslaughter and Healthcare
(see her awesome video interview on the BBC below)
Dr. Tony Banerjee
GP at Riverside Medical Centre
Dr. Pamela Harper
Retired Doctor and Secretary of the Doctors Support Group
Dr. Abeyna Jones
Founder of Medic Footprints and Occupational Health Physician
To view the pre-recorded webinar which is nearly 1hr 30 mins, please complete below.
You will be sent a link to the webinar – don’t forget to check your spam!