ONE DAY CRASH COURSE FOR DOCTORS ON HOW TO START YOUR OWN BUSINESS
In association with CASS Business School.
Starting your own business is one of the most challenging and potentially rewarding things you can do. There are in reality more failed business enterprises than successful ones, so you need to be prepared!
SO WHAT MAKES A GREAT ENTREPRENEUR?
- someone very determined – it’s going to be a hard road
- someone who learns from their mistakes and failures,
- someone who understands their business and wants to learn from others – you have to stay sharp to be successful,
- someone with excellent money management skills – the reality is overspending will ruin your business,
- someone who networks wisely – it’s all about building valuable, long-term relationships.
WHY SHOULD YOU DO THIS COURSE?
Would you take exams without doing any preparation? What about learning to do IT programming without knowing the basics of coding?
Starting a business without any business exposure is like running before you can walk. It’s a lot easier to plan a business if you have the basic tools necessary to do so.
Our one day crash course will teach you what you need to know to give you the best chance of succeeding! Delivered to you by speakers with practical experience of running their own businesses. Some of the areas we will cover include:
- The Business Plan
- Sources of Funding incl Raising Capital Investment
- Operational Business Issues
- Accounting and Tax for Business
- Marketing and Branding
Plus group exercises, networking opportunities and a keynote speaker.
- Lawrence Gerlis – CEO of Same Day Doctor
- Sara Sabin and Abeyna Jones – Directors of Medic Footprints
- Suman Saha and Stephanie Eltz – Co-Founders of Doctify
- James Gupta – CEO of Synap
- Mark Jenkins – Medical Director of Oviva
- Jonathan Abraham – Director of Healum and ex Google
- Charlie Easmon – Medical Director of Your Excellent Health Service
- Costas Andriopoulous – Profess or Entrepreneurship – Cass Business School
WHAT DID PEOPLE SAY LAST YEAR ABOUT OUR WORKSHOP?
It was well thought out and comprehensive with good networking opportunities
Good size, range of topics, mix of talks and informal networking
Several of our delegates have successfully gone on to start up and run their own businesses!
You will leave better equipped to steam ahead with your business, plus you’ll have networked with many like-minded and inspirational people.
Isn’t it worth investing in your own success?
Places are limited.
15% Discount for Medical Students (see FAQs on ticket page)