The Slimming Clinic is the UK’s largest private medical weight loss group specialising in doctor-led personalised weight loss programmes for individuals who are overweight or obese.
We’ve helped patients achieve their weight loss goals since 1984 and provide medical consultations to hundreds of thousands of patients every year. Our 22 nationwide clinics are CQC, HIS and HIW regulated.
Our mission is to support overweight and obese patients in losing weight through lifestyle, behavioural changes and pharmacotherapy, to improve their health and well-being alongside reducing weight-related risk factors.
Patient-centred care is at the core of our service with clinic teams supporting and encouraging patients along their journey to being healthier and more confident.
The Slimming Clinic is currently undergoing fast expansion of its clinic premises as well as developing a holistic multi-disciplinary medical team to further support our patients, therefore we’re looking for doctors who are passionate about our mission, and wish to join our team!
Full-time and part-time positions are available, from 3 days per week, with competitive salaries and additional benefits.
Our Clinics are open 6 days a week, Monday to Saturday, with structured daily clinic hours, split into 4-5 hour clinical sessions.
- Run a daily clinic list of new and existing patients.
- Perform detailed medical history, lifestyle assessment and clinical examination of new patients.
- Assess for suitability of prescriptive appetite suppressants.
- Monitor patients undergoing prescriptive treatment.
- Deliver one-on-one diet and lifestyle advice to patients.
- Complete regulatory audit requirements.
- Lead local clinic MDT meetings.
Benefits of this role:
- Comprehensive initial training and induction
- Structured working hours with no on-call or night shifts
- Revalidation & Appraisal Support
- CPD-accredited Mandatory eLearning
- National, Regional and Local meetings
- Ongoing CPD Opportunities
- Medical Indemnity Cover
- Contributory Pension
- Competitive salary
We are looking for doctors who:
- Can work under their own initiative as well as part of a team
- Have a demonstrated clinical interest in weight management
- Have effective communication skills and an empathetic manner
- Are passionate about delivering a high-quality patient-focused service in the private sector
Minimum Requirements to be considered for this role:
- Full GMC Registration with a valid licence to practice
- Completion of foundation training or minimum of 2 years postgraduate medical experience
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK
- Competent communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility to travel and work across nearby local clinics
- Proficiency in basic IT skills
Opportunities are available nationwide as we have new clinics opening in the near future.
Want to find out more about whether this could work for you?
Are you interested in learning more about a medical career which focuses on nutrition, lifestyle medicine and public health?
Attend the Free Webinar on August 6, 7PM