The Slimming Clinic are hiring doctors nationwide!
The Slimming Clinic is the UK’s largest private medical weight loss group specialising in doctor-led personalised weight loss programmes for individuals who are overweight or obese.
We’ve helped patients achieve their weight loss goals since 1984 and provide medical consultations to hundreds of thousands of patients every year. Our 22 nationwide clinics are CQC, HIS and HIW regulated.
Our mission is to support overweight and obese patients in losing weight through lifestyle, behavioural changes and pharmacotherapy, to improve their health and well-being alongside reducing weight-related risk factors.
Patient-centred care is at the core of our service with clinic teams supporting and encouraging patients along their journey to being healthier and more confident.
The Slimming Clinic is currently undergoing fast expansion of its clinic premises as well as developing a holistic multi-disciplinary medical team to further support our patients, therefore we’re looking for doctors who are passionate about our mission, and wish to join our team!
Full-time and part-time positions are available, from 3 days per week, with competitive salaries and additional benefits.
Our Clinics are open 6 days a week, Monday to Saturday, with structured daily clinic hours, split into 4-5 hour clinical sessions.
- Run a daily clinic list of new and existing patients
- Perform detailed medical history, lifestyle assessment and clinical examination of new patients
- Assess for suitability of prescriptive appetite suppressants
- Monitor patients undergoing prescriptive treatment
- Deliver one-on-one diet and lifestyle advice to patients
- Complete regulatory audit requirements
- Lead local clinic MDT meetings
Benefits of this role:
- Comprehensive initial training and induction
- Structured working hours with no on-call or night shifts
- Revalidation & Appraisal Support
- CPD-accredited Mandatory eLearning
- National, Regional and Local meetings
- Ongoing CPD Opportunities
- Medical Indemnity Cover
- Contributory Pension
- Competitive salary – starting from £72k+ per annum
We are looking for doctors who:
- Can work under their own initiative as well as part of a team
- Have a demonstrated clinical interest in weight management
- Have effective communication skills and an empathetic manner
- Are passionate about delivering a high-quality patient-focused service in the private sector
Minimum Requirements to be considered for this role:
- Full GMC Registration with a valid licence to practice
- Completion of foundation training or minimum of 2 years postgraduate medical experience
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK
- Competent communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility to travel and work across nearby local clinics
- Proficiency in basic IT skills
Opportunities are available nationwide as we have new clinics opening in the near future.
“Working at The Slimming Clinic has been the most rewarding job I have undertaken since qualifying as a doctor. What I enjoy most is having sufficient time to spend with patients to get to know them, advise and to help them…the workload is challenging but fair and there is an excellent work-life balance” – Dr. Daniel Ohio
“The patients and staff are lovely. It is a dynamic company, always looking for ways to improve and keep up with what our patients want…I have begun to learn a lot more about diet and exercise, which is an area of interest for me. From a personal point of view, I now feel that I have a much better work life balance than before, and very rarely have to stay beyond my finishing time. Finally, I think that the best part about my job is working with my amazing colleagues, who are massively supportive” – Dr. Steph Capaldi
“It is an amazing working environment, as we are a tight-knit team and work well and closely together…I enjoy feeling like I can make a difference in someone’s life and find the work extremely rewarding” – Dr. Camelia Negoescu
Want to find out more about whether this could work for you?
Express your interest here with the Slimming Clinic
OR leave your details in the form below. The TSC team will contact you if/when there are opportunities available in your area.