Embed your clinical knowledge and thought leadership into the core of the products and solutions that we deliver. You will understand and translate health care needs, drive endorsement and clinical road maps, translate clinical trends and interpret into technical possibilities, market segmentation, in order to contribute to the innovation, business development, product development process of the mother & child care domain.
You are responsible for
Engaging Key Opinion Leaders:
- Establish, maintain and expand a global network of contacts in the assigned scientific community to keep up to date with clinical needs, clinical trends and opportunities for innovation in order to use this information for the BU’s strategy, product policy and innovation programs in BGs.
- Gather necessary competitive intelligence from technical/clinical / medical aspect for the clinical domain. Keep up to date with innovations in clinical domain and technology developments in the assigned areas via the above mentioned global network, via contacts with end users and researchers, scientific literature, symposia and international conferences.
Defining clinical strategy & insight:
- Define and participate actively in clinical research- and concept & feasibility projects for the assigned clinical domain, both in-house and with external clinical partners, to be able to support decision making for new development projects.
- Understand the segmentation and key requirements of value space from clinical / medical perspective through BG, BMC and customer engagements
- translate clinical knowledge in to marketing briefs
Planning clinical roadmaps:
- Set-up and maintain clinical roadmap for the assigned area to allow the business to put the right priorities in the development program and to make the right decisions in the marketing- and sales support activities.
- Drives recommendation and endorsement strategies, and associated new product introduction and launch activities; contributes in the completion of appropriate deliverables (feature descriptions, value propositions, costing/pricing/quoting materials, training materials, etc.)
Driving Philips Research & Development:
- Maintain a strong relationship with Philips Research, BU’s Pre-development and Clinical Scientists of other BU’s to keep up to date with innovation and opportunities that might be of interest for his BU and to facilitate introduction of innovative developments from these groups in the BU’s portfolio.
Defining clinical value propositions:
- To advise colleagues in Product Marketing, and to support in writing value propositions to reflect relevant clinical needs.
- To continue to provide clinical insights into Marketing to ensure an integral proposition is maintained end to end.
You are a part of
You will work in the Medical team reporting to the Global Medical Marketing Director. You will be based in Amsterdam in the global headquarters for the business unit Mother & Child Care.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Min. 6 years of relevant and successful medical/clinical business experience in consumer healthcare, nutrition or pharmaceutical industry
- You are a trained physician and made a step into industry, viewed as an expert in the Mother & Child Care domain (e.g. O&G)
- You ideally hold an MBA and are eager to grow in the business environment
- Experience in guiding development teams and translating clinical understanding to development teams
- Ability to interact and engage with all levels of the organization
- Working in a matrix organization and make meaningful impact
- Building strong external affiliations
- Understanding the professional bodies and approach to engage / build strategic partnerships
- Translating clinical trials for consumer and professional audiences
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Succeeding in this role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.