Medical Science Liaison (Field Medical Advisor) UK/Ireland & Nordics
At Alcon, we are driven by the meaningful work we do to help people see brilliantly. We innovate boldly, champion progress, and act with speed as the global leader in eye care. Here, you’ll be recognized for your commitment and contributions and see your career like never before. Together, we go above and beyond to make an impact in the lives of our patients and customers.
The Medical Science Liaison is a field-based member of the Medical Affairs team who serves as a strategic link between Alcon and Medical Experts (ME)/Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) in the field of Ophthalmology and Optometry.
The MSL strategically supports the development and appropriate use/adoption of Alcon products and therapies through supporting evidence generation and evidence-based scientific exchange and by seeking external insights to further inform and shape company’s understanding of the products, therapeutic area and clinical practice.
The MSL responds to unsolicited requests for scientific exchange/insights, detailed working knowledge of Alcon products, current medical/scientific research, and publications and proposals for scientific research.
Please note this role will require regular travel to the Nordic region.
In this role, a typical day will involve:
· Fostering KOL/HCP interest on Investigator Initiated Trials (IITs) within Alcon’s product strategy and liaise between potential researcher and Alcon on Investigator Initiated Trials (IITs) from inception to publication.
· Identifying national, regional, and local KOLs; develop peer-to-peer scientific relationships with KOLs and decision makers to expand scientific partnership opportunities; and gain their advocacy.
· Collecting, analyzing, and reporting insights that may impact company development plans/trial designs, launch and brand strategies/tactics. Develop a strong understanding of the future needs of ophthalmic surgeons and support medical education in alignment with Alcon strategy.
· Proactively function as the Alcon medical speaker to present at customer sites, congresses, symposia, and training events for up-to-date data-based, scientific, and clinical information on Alcon product(s).
· Scientific Research Support − Contribute to the identification and recommendation of appropriate HCP involvement and participation in Alcon sponsored clinical trials (includes both pre-and post-market studies) from assigned territory.
· Liaising and providing up-to-date medical support to healthcare associations to ensure evidence-based understanding of Alcon products relative to medical guidelines and medical evidence/health economic information. Assure thoughtful and informed exchange of current medical information and data related to Alcon products and selected areas of therapeutic interest with KOLs.
· Acting as an interface between Medical Expert/ HCP and Alcon to provide up-to-date medical support on device-related issues to educate, diagnose, resolve and where applicable, escalate to local or regional Medical Affairs.
· Ensuring cross functional collaboration, interface effectively with all other Medical Affairs functions, as well as other departments, including Commercial, QA, Research and Development, Regulatory Affairs, Market Access, etc.
· Working with Integrity and Compliance observing all laws, industry standards, and company policies.
· Complying with all credentialing requirements for any healthcare institution, such as operating room policy, etc.
What you’ll bring to Alcon:
· University degree in the field of natural sciences, pharmacy, medicine, or related fields preferred
· Experience in an ophthalmology or optometry field (academia, industry, clinical practice), specifically in the ophthalmic industry or clinical practice.
· Fluency in English essential
· Knowledge/Fluency of at least one other international area language preferred
· Advanced knowledge of eye diseases including ophthalmic surgical procedures and optometry.
· Experience in an ophthalmology or optometry field (academia, industry, clinical practice), with at least 3 of those in the ophthalmic industry or clinical practice.
· Experience in an HCP facing role.
· Working knowledge of the Healthcare System and of the re-search procedures as well as the ICH guidelines, GCP, and other ethical guidelines.
· Essential knowledge in product development, clinical trial design, regulatory requirements, payer landscape, and life cycle management.
· Experience in scientific presentations and basic experience in medical writing and biostatistics.
· Proven ability and experience to develop and foster peer-to-peer, credible relationships with Medical Experts/decision makers.
How can you thrive at Alcon?
· Collaborate with peers to share best practices and learnings as work evolves.
· See your career like never before with focused growth and development opportunities.
See your impact at www.alcon.com/careers
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in any employment practices. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an email to email@example.com.
Browse hundreds of articles and guides to discover more!