The Director, Medical Managed Care (DMMC) is a critical field-based liaison position which involves the development and execution of specific payer communication plans for delivering scientific, clinical and health economic information for Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) and Sarepta marketed and pipeline products. During execution of these communication plans, the Director, Medical Managed Care is tasked with ensuring the delivery of scientifically credible and consistent key value messages to public and private payer segments. This role serves as a scientific resource for a number of key customers including, but not limited to, clinical decision makers in the payer and managed care community. Additionally, this role actively contributes to the development of medical resources to support payer education regarding DMD and the safe and appropriate use of Sarepta products.
This position requires the incumbent to be located in and covering territory of the following states: California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado and Kansas.
Primary Responsibilities Include
- Identify, develop and maintain relationships with key clinical decision makers within the payer and managed care community
- Develop and maintain credible and independent relationships with key medical, pharmacy, quality & health economics/outcomes/analytics opinion leaders within assigned accounts
- Work closely with Director National Accounts to help educate payer and market access customers on disease and treatment
- Interface with key customers/opinion leaders and assist internal stakeholders in interpretation of key scientific data to support policy decision-makers
- Prepare and deliver fair-balanced and comprehensive responses to clinical and scientific concerns of payer/managed care customers
- Communicate scientific information clearly in a variety of settings, including internal meetings, advisory boards, and 1:1 or group discussions with clinical decision makers, as requested
- Provide assistance in the development of payer tools/dossiers to demonstrate value from a payer perspective to support the safe and appropriate use of Sarepta products
- Participate in internal training and planning of national and regional opinion leader meetings
- Attend select scientific meetings and professional conferences for the purpose of providing Medical Affairs support and engaging in scientific exchange with key decision makers
- Provide GMA leadership with customer insights and correlating business recommendations
- Other related duties as required
Desired Education And Skills
- BA/BS required. MD, PhD, or PharmD strongly preferred; MBA or additional degree in health economics, health outcomes, public health or health policy is a plus
- 10 + years of related experience with 3-5 years of pharmaceutical industry, managed care experience, or similar organizational experience required (e.g., field based medical/HEOR, value-access, market access)
- Strong Scientific and Pharmaceutical and Health Outcomes knowledge; preferably industry derived. Strong understanding of current US Healthcare system
- Highly driven individual with the ability to combine scientific knowledge with a focus on customer service and compassion for the patients we serve
- Familiarity with and track record of complying with industry and regulatory compliance guidelines
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaborative team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, exceptional listening skills, strong presentation skills, and good negotiating and influencing skills
- Willingness to travel >50%
Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.Sarepta Therapeutics offers a competitive compensation and benefit package.
Sarepta Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and participates in e-Verify.