Medic Footprints in conjunction with Your Excellent Health Service invites you to our Enterprising Doctors Workshop, to be held at CASS Business School.
This workshop is led by entrepreneurial medics who have developed successful businesses. We provide you with the basic tools and knowledge to do the same.
During this workshop, you will:
- Identify inherent skills developed as a doctor, which can be applied cross sector and in enterprise;
- Learn from experience and mistakes that other doctors made when setting up business ventures;
- Understand the basics of what’s required to start a business in the UK;
- Have ample opportunity to network with a group of likeminded medics (delegates and business mentors).
- Leave the workshop with a greater clarity about your business idea and the knowledge of your next practical steps.
- Knowing your strengths and weaknesses and applying this to developing your business
- How to write a business plan
- Sources of funding and investment
- Accountancy and Tax for Business
- Pitching your idea
- Operational Issues about Running a Business
- Marketing and Branding
- The emerging tech sector
- Diversity in business
- Stories from our previous alumni who have set up their own businesses
- Networking Opportunities with other Medical Entrepreneurs
- Keynote Speaker – TBC!
We would love you to be a part of our vision, which is to enable doctors to expand their skills beyond clinical medicine; benefiting not only healthcare leadership and innovation, but cross sector industries included.
As well as equipping you with the basic tools to start your own business, you will have opportunities to learn from other doctors who started their own enterprises at different stages of their careers, as well as to consider if this is the right path for you.
At Medic Footprints, we believe that doctors make great entrepreneurs. Our one day crash course told our delegates what they needed to know to give them the best chance of succeeding! Delivered by speakers with practical experience of running their own businesses.
There were also excellent opportunities throughout the day for all of our attendees to network with people that could help them to drive their business forward.
Read the write up of the event which starts here