Disrupt healthcare: Disrupt your career
Create an app. Become a designer. Go lean and digital.
*This is an external event organised by our friends Eurekadoc Publishing
Bored of your career? Fed up of doodling on the back of envelopes? Want to make things better?
Have a killer idea for a business or app? How can we make healthcare work more effectively? How can you realise your dreams?
This workshop will teach you:
- How to design
- How to create an app (bring your laptop for live teaching)
- How to transform healthcare
You will learn:
- What is design and how is it applicable to healthcare?
- How can you get into design?
- What will a career in design look like for you?
- Why does healthcare need creativity?
- How do I build an app?
- What is UX?
- What is meant by lean and six sigma?
- How are these terms applicable to healthcare?
- How to be innovative in healthcare
And much, much more….
This will be an interactive day with a blend of education and practical exercises to inspire you and arm you with the tools to disrupt healthcare and disrupt your career. Invest in your future and in digital & design now!
- Dr Gyles Morrison, Clinical UX designer for Concentra, CEO of Digital Medley
- Mr Anish Joshi – Head of Creative Design, EY-Seren, Imperial MBA Student
- Dr Farhana Safa – Ophthalmic Surgeon turned car designer, RCA Alumnus, Ambassador for The STEM People
- Mr James Denholme – Service Designer, EY-Seren, Entrepreneur
- Dr Angela Wu, Former Surgical Trainee, Founder of London App Brewery
- Mr Daniel Leggett, Lean Practitioner, Former Siemens Engineer, Project Manager and Black Belt in Six Sigma
Your most distinguished hosts for the day:
- Dr Aroon Baskaradas, Management Consultant, Educationalist, Orthopaedic Surgeon, Co-founder of Eurekadoc
- Dr Lafina Diamandis, Property Investor, Entrepreneur, Paediatrician, Co-founder of Eurekadoc
Tickets £25 – 48.76
Saturday 25th June 2016
9:30 – 16:00
LT G16 – Sir Alexander Fleming Building Imperial College, South Kensington, , SW7 2AZ