ALTERNATIVE CAREERS AND WELLBEING FOR DOCTORS
I think all of us have been there at some point in our career – we’re frustrated and we know something is not quite right in our lives but we also don’t know exactly what to do. It’s hard to change career if you have no paritcular direction. Or worse if you believe that there is nothing else that you can do other than medicine.
Well I’m here to tell you now:
THERE IS A LOT YOU CAN DO OUTSIDE OF MEDICINE. YOU JUST NEED TO:
- Network – online, at events. Meet people, talk to people, ascertain what you can do.
- Understand that you have transferrable skills – if you start out with one career path, do not feel that that is what you have to do for the rest of your life. You will be working most of your life, you owe it to yourself to do something you enjoy. A lot of people now have portfolio careers.
- Learn to sell yourself – there’s nothing shameful about self-promotion. Believe in yourself, because if you don’t chances are no-one else will. You can go into an interview and wow them.
- Get inspired
HOW DO YOU START?
Start with our Alternative Careers and Wellbeing Event for Doctors on 1 October 2016:
“How the ACW Event Helped My Career”
An independent story by Dr Peach Perera.
- Exhibitors looking specifically to recruit doctors and companies offering courses for doctors to accelerate their career change; ranging from overseas, management consultancy, pharma, medtech, alternative medical, and entrepreneurial to name but a few areas.
- A diverse range of guest speaking talks including advice on career planning, practical workshops, talks on specific career paths, work/life balance and health and wellbeing
- Networking and mentorship opportunities
- Introducing the ACW Awards
- And much more…
Check out our Provisional Content here.
Can you think of an inspirational medic? Then, nominate them for our ACW Awards.
We’ve taken your feedback on board from last year and are offering you access via our exhibitors and speakers to the careers that you want to go into! Whatever you’re thinking, there’ll be something to cater to you.
Tickets sold out 6 weeks in advance last year, be sure to be there!